Software Developer and Clean Code Advocate
- In software craftsmanship and code quality
- Clean code!
- Static code analysis tools offer good metrics and we should keep “violations” at a minimum
- Open source
- A wiki should be open for edits. Otherwise it’s just a webpage.
- Allowing others to contribute code is a “good thing” but should probably be moderated
- Test-Driven Development (TDD) is a great idea, but hard to switch to doing
- Human factors/HCI is important
- That teachers and pro athletes should swap salaries
- Human rights (equal treatment for all)
- Gays are not destroying “the sanctity of marriage”
- The rich/top 1% don’t get taxed enough. They make all their money with “capital gains” which is taxed much lower than regular wages. (See the Warren Buffett rule)
- In social welfare
- President Obama is doing the best job he can given the Washington $*&%s in Congress
- Immigrants created this country and we should be open to allowing more in
- Generic brands are just as good as name brands in most cases
- People should strive to improve themselves, but not to the point they have bad self-esteem
- The United States should use the metric (SI) system
- Dr. Pepper is the best pop/soda out there. (And to add, Diet Dr. Pepper tastes nothing like regular Dr. Pepper.)
- In order for me to lose weight, I’ll have to exercise and not just diet. Everyone should exercise because of it’s benefits.
- My kids are better than yours